Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pretty Little Teapot and Corduroy Brads Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

Hey, hey, hey! Here's my last "limited supplies" card from my trip to Minneapolis. I knew I would have time in the evenings to create, so I took some new stamp sets that I was anxious to play with, as well as a couple of mat stacks that were in my cart when I got to the register at JoAnns. Now how did that happen? tee hee


The images are from Verve stamps. If you click on the image to enlarge it, you will see how the stripes in the brads mimic the stripes in the teapot. How cool is that!

The chocolate band is a bit bland, but I had to deal with what I had packed. Since I didn't have any Nesties with me (boo hoo!), I cut out a couple of the swirly patterns from the paper to flank the sentiment. This is one of my favorite color combos. What fun!

Well, tomorrow is 9/11. I have no doubt that every American, and possibly non-American, knows exactly where you were and what you were doing that day. In truth, we are thankful that we are here and able to remember, which is more that so many of our citizens cannot say, as they lost their lives that fateful day. Eight years ago seems like a lifetime ago.

I'll leave you with your thoughts, dear friends.

Blessings,

Deb

3 comments:

Stampin n da Hood said...

that teapot is my cup of tea!
Love those brads, too!

Leslie said...

Cute little card. Love the teapot.

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your card, Deb! You accomplished amazing things with limited supplies!!