Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mojo Monday 105 with a cute little skirt! CTMH Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

It's Mojo Thursday for me...tee hee! I think I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. When I saw this Mojo Monday (105) sketch, I wanted to give it a frilly feel. So my first thought was some type of lace or scallops for the bottom layer.

Then I had what my mom would call a brainstorm....which turned out to be more of a drizzle, ha!

Remember when we were kids...we used to make those paper snowflakes by folding white "typewriter" paper, cutting little notches, then unfolding to find an amazing, one-of-a-kind wonder? Well. Apparently the wonder is in a child's eyes, because when I tried it last night - ugh.......no. Not so amazing. Now, that's not to say that I might not try it again - tis the season, right?
So I did the next best thing. I found these 4" doilies which I thought would be perfect! When I brought them home, however, I realized they were too wide (four 4" doilies, 5" wide card....hell-OOO!!!!).So I snipped them in half and proceeded to pleat them to make a cute little skirt! I love how it turned out! There are four half-doiles to make the four scallops on the bottom.
I also wanted to do a monochromatic card with creams and whites, but needed to add chocolate for a little pop. Gotta love a little chocolate, right?
RECIPE:
Stamp: Treasure (CTMH)
Ink: Chocolate (CTMH), Versamark
Paper: Unforgettable, Vanilla Cream CS, Chocolate CS, White Daisy CS
Other: Kaiser Pears, Fleur di lis Pendant and Oval Nestibilities (Spellbinders), Just Blooms (CTMH), Colonial White Ribbon Round (CTMH), Doilies (Wilton)
I hope you enjoy it!
Deb

4 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Gorgeous card, Deb! Love the monochromatic colors and all the frill. So pretty. Can't wait to get back in the swing of things... still seem to be in a wedding "stupor." LOL.

Leslie said...

Deb, your card is so sweet.love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, love it.

Jo

Stampin n da Hood said...

o
m
g!!
that is sooo stankin cute!