Saturday, September 19, 2009

Beavers like Candy Canes, don't they???? Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

It's a fact that every year, the stores bring out their holiday displays earlier and earlier! I remember my mom saying, "Good Lord, I can't believe that they are puttin' out the Christmas decorations and Thanksgiving isn't even over!" And the family wholeheartedly agreed with her.

So here it is mid-September and I am presenting to you a Christmas card. HA! Thankfully my mom will never know.......a computer is not her friend ;-)

So here's my Sunday post for you as a member of Artful Inkables' Design Team. How can you resist this little beaver? What a cutie-pie! Now, you all know that I am not the best color-er. Leslie and Cibele will claim that it is because I have not succumbed to Copic markers. Well, in any case, this little guy is just happy to have a big ol' candy cane in his mouth. Cute, cute, cute! He is not the only little guy in this set.....check out his friends!

I made this card for Jackie's challenge to use one image, two different ribbons, three layers and scallops. It required real thinking, I tell ya! I started with a Kraft paper base (now I am addicted to it - good grief!). I added scallops with my corner rounder using CTMH's Everlasting paper and Tulip Cardstock. I finally pulled out this Cuttlebug embossing folder that I had never used. I thought it would be a cute background for Billy Beaver (tee hee), as well as adding my second layer. My third layer is the ground behind Billy (it's the plain backside of the floral scalloped B&T paper). As for the two ribbons - CTMH plain twill and Tulip ricrac twill. Now, she didn't say I wasn't allowed to add a matching Tulip photo hanger, so I snuck it in to pull my twills together. Doesn't Billy look like he just snitched the candy cane from one of those little houses and is now hauling bootie back into the woods to hide it? Gotta love him ;-)

You can join in the challenge and win a goody bag from Artful Inkables! I'll be back tomorrow with photos and stories from last week's Open House. It rocked! I just love my friends.

Good luck with the challenge!

Deb

4 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super cute, Deb!

Leslie said...

Deb that card is so cute.

Julie Ranae said...

Very creative way to use that background with the beaver stamp. Really cute!

Lisa Kind said...

What a fun card, Deb! Love the embossing in the background!