Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gals,don't do this at work! Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida


Happy back-to-work day! I'll share a card first so that you don't have to read about my silliness if you don't want to.
This is another card I made last week in Minneapolis. You can tell that I had limited supplies, can't you! I had to cut out my own label shape, and didn't really have the ribbon that I wanted, or enough of what I did have to place it properly. Well, I still love the Verve stamp set and the K&Co. mat stack. You can click on the photo to enlarge if you'd like.
You won't believe what I did today. I went to work with my shirt on backwards. Had a meeting with my boss (in my office, so I didn't go out in public....) with my shirt on backwards. Didn't realize it till I left for lunch. On the way to the car I thought, "Gee, this is sorta tight around my neck. Did I gain 20 more pounds in Minneapolis"? Then, obviously for the first time all day, I looked down and realized what I had done. Good grief!!!! Apparently I don't glance in the mirror on my way out the door. Apparently I should start! The front of my shirt even has a 3" thick, double-banded satin v-neck, so you KNOW someone had to notice something! Sure my hair was down, but come ON!!! Oh Lord. The saddest thing is......I have done this before. I went to work a couple of months ago with my shirt inside-out. Luckily I spend a lot of time in my office alone. Or maybe this is the reason I am in my office alone......hmmmm.
So you see, it really isn't all about us. We think that people notice every little thing, but they don't....they are all about themselves. Thank goodness!!!!
Sweet dreams,
Deb

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

OMG. If there is one thing I learned today, it is not to read your blog with a full bladder. No, I didn't pee in my pants but rather chuckled all the way to the bathroom. Wiped the tears out of my eyes as I relieved myself. Too funny! Thanks for the giggle.

Oh, and regardless of your limited supplies, your card is awesome.

Crystal said...

This is wonderful Deborah!! Oh my love the colors and your card design...BEAUTIFUL!

Maria Matter said...

this is so lovely Deb! Fabulous design with these colors and papers! great job!
blessings, Maria

Stampin Lucy said...

I love a challenge!! Isn't it fun to try to make use of what you have?? It kind of makes you see your goodies in a different way.

Cibele Glazer said...

That is the funniest thing I have read in awhile. Thanks for the laugh. Leslie and I want you to join us on the dark side. It's loads of fun over here. You know you wanna and we promise to tell you if your shirt is on backwards. :)