Saturday, September 26, 2009

Is it a Purse? Is it a Bag? BOOO!!!! Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

Is it Sunday already? This weekend is just flying by for me. How about you?

It's my posting day for Artful Inkables...woo hoo! I chose again to use "Halloween Hauntings", one of this month's new reelases. I just love that toddler grim reaper! Have you ever seen a grim reaper that you can call precious? tee hee

I took the photo from two different angles so that you can see the ruffled ribbon effect. Now, there is a little white lunch bag (cut down to 5" high) that is sandwiched in between the two cardstock layers. I just love making this little purse/bag/whatever you want to call it. I used nesties for the tabs at the top (the black ones and the sunflower ones), and CTMH cardstock, buttons, brads, inks and waxy flax. I believe the paper is from Basic Grey or Debbie Mumm - got it from JoAnn's.

Oh! Also, the haunted house (mwah ha ha) and the BOO! (sentiment along the bottom) are from this Halloween Haunting set of 11 super-cute stamps from Artful Inkables. Did you participate in the challenge? You still have a couple of days to win!

So are you getting a lot of rain this weekend? We had some this morning. I packed my card up for a card class just before it started sprinkling. Just enough to make the steam come up from the asphalt!

Thursday is October 1, which means it will be time for our monthly CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog hop! I have to finish my project. I have little parts and pieces completed, and can't wait to get back to it. I hope you stop by!

Sweet dreams,

Deb





7 comments:

Jackie said...

This is just so cute! Great job on this one!

Kathi Carlson said...

Good grief, I start to write and then have to go back and look some more ... So cute! Love your ribbon treatment, and those are great images and paper. What is it? Fun!! Looking forward to the blog hop!! Have a great Sunday!

Leslie said...

Cute little purse. I still have a copy of the one you made in silhouette. Keep planning to get around to it one day. I was thinking about the October SOTM and thought the tri-shutter card might be cute with that stamp set. Watcha think?

Julie Ranae said...

Really adorable! Love it!

MsJay said...

Love the purse.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is just adorable, Deb! Fabulous job! :)

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty, Deb! Love the ruffled ribbon!