Monday, May 18, 2009

When did this happen? Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

Wow! This bloggin' has a life of its own, doesn't it? I've been posting for less than a month and have over a thousand hits....you guys rock!

So who are you viewers out in blog world? In my fantasy life, Bruce Springsteen is a faithful viewer and logs on every night before his concert. He doesn't comment so that he can maintain his anonymity. But he is secretly making his own scrapbook with clipping of all his favorite posts. *sigh* Yeah, right. tee hee.

Seriously, though, I appreciate each and every one of you who muddles through my musings to get to the scrapbooking. Now I am inspired to try to do a better job.

So here's a creation inspired by my amazing upline, Annette. She used the Emporium paper pack to cover CTMH's My Creations(TM) Artboard. I 'lifted' her idea of making a pull-out photo mat that slides into the frame.
You may be able to tell (by viewing the top of the frame) that I used our Pearl Paint, mixed with Sorbet reinker, on the chipboard dimensional frame. It is so smooth and shiny. I just LOVE this Unforgettable paper pack. It's simply perfect!
I'm holding a class for this project on July 18. Or if you are not near Melbourne, Florida, I'd be glad to sell you a pre-cut kit.
Do you have plans for Memorial Day weekend? It's never too early to plan for the weekend, even if it's only Monday! As long as you don't wish your life away longing for the weekend, as I have been known to do. I've come to realize that each moment is precious. It sounds a bit trite, I know, but I'm finally 'allowing' myself to spend my time how I want to, not how I think I should. I've had that 'disease to please' all my life and I'm afraid I've passed it on to my son. There are pros and cons to this, of course.....I'm trying to embrace the pros *smile*.
Enjoy the rest of your evening!

3 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

lol - Thanks for the chuckle about your faithful blog reader, Bruce Springsteen. :)

Kathi Carlson said...

Well, I'm not Bruce Springsteen, but I think your artboard is might fine! Very nice project. Congratulations on 1,000 hits in less than a month. I started blogging in August 2007, and I think it was a month or more before anyone realized I was there. Then, when the numbers finally started adding up, I got all creeped out, wondering who the strangers were. I got over it. LOL. No plans for Memorial Day. Just hoping for temperatures above 40 degrees.

Leslie said...

Deb, that is so cute. We got one of these clip boards at our first stamp camp and it is still sitting in a box of things I don't know what to do with or don't want to use them up like an acrylic album and some memory keeper boxes, some event calendars. How silly is that? AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!