Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Loving CTMH - Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

I must admit that two years ago I had never heard of Close To My Heart. I had barely been introduced to scrapbooking and stamping.

Well, I have to tell you, once introduced, it was love at first sight! As a child, I loved drawing. My favorite Christmas gift (still) was an "official" artist's kit - pencils, paper, pastels, watercolors, oils, acrylics, brushes, an instruction book - all the things I imagined a real artist used every single day! Do you know that I still have that, hidden away in the garage among old books, air filters and baby clothes (my baby is 21 - ha). I can't bear to part with it - well, with what is left of it, anyway.

I've come to realize that you don't have to use those "official" artist tools to be an artist. Just open one of Close To My Heart's Idea Books and you'll be amazed at the talent displayed. Our founder, Jeanette Lynton, inspires this creativity in all of us. Her artwork is truly amazing!























I had to search my computer for some artwork to post, since I haven't created anything in a few days.

When CTMH introduced the stamp set "Make it Count", I immediately imagined the clock image as the face of a watch. I used the belt image from "Lovely Buckles" and a lot of distressing. I particularly like the brad, although I realized (a little late) that I placed it on the wrong side of the watch face! You can't tell from the photo, but one of CTMH's window charms emulates the watch crystal.

I decided to enter this card in Close To My Heart's monthly contest for consultants. They must have liked it, because I won first place! I suppose you heard me screaming for miles. Now that I look at it, it's a little dark and dreary (distressed or distressing?). But I suppose the judges must have been in a distressing mood that day - ha!

Thank you for all your kind comments. I'm enjoying all of your blogs as well!

Sweet dreams,






2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I LOVE this card! And, I don't have Lovely Buckles but may gave to get it now just to lift this wonderful card! TFS!

...Darlene said...

Deb,
Your entry was great. I love using that set and used it on several projects.