Monday, May 4, 2009

Son of a Scrapbook Mom! - Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida


How do you know the son of a scrapbook mom? He takes photos of his food while on vacation, so that mom can scrapbook the photos!

Yes, it's true. My wonderful son saved up his money from his after-school job and took a two-week trip to Europe after high school - alone, mind you! What guts, right? I was worried and excited all at the same time. As long as he called me, I was okay.

So.....this is the pizza he had in Italy. Looks like the Leaning Tower's Pizza over on Wickham, if you ask me! Can't you just taste it, though? Can you imagine the hundreds of thousands, even millions of pizzas that have been hand-tossed in Rome? I wonder who made the first pizza. Surely it was a woman!


Now, here is one of his Parisian feasts. I don't recall now how much this cost, but it was super-cheap, something like four bucks for all of this! What great choices, right?

He stayed in hostels and lived out of one backpack the whole time. He went to London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Normandy, Paris and Rome. He got his wanderlust from his mom. I love to travel! Of course, I don't really have the money to travel outside of work and conventions.

Anyway, I had just started scrapbooking when Alan took his trip. I had not even been introduced to Close To My Heart at the time, but I impressed upon him the importance of documenting his trip! So even though he took lots of photos, I was quite impressed with the food photos. He saved his ticket stubs, metro passes...you name it! Of course, I have only scrapbooked three pages....I'll have to pull out the camera again and post those for you.

Do you have photos of food in your scrapbooks?







p.s. Look! A signature!!!

No comments: