Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Precious Smiles - Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

Look at all of these sweet faces!

They represent the thousands of children around the world that now have beautiful smiles thanks in part to Close To My Heart. Did you know that CTMH donates a portion of every stamp set sold to benefit Operation Smile? Last year, medical volunteers provided surgeries to over 9,000 children to correct childhood facial deformities.

Because of the volunteer spirit and the generosity of people donating to the cause, the cost of one single surgery has been reduced to just $240! This is so amazaing....and attainable! Just imagine.....we (you and I) could contribute a life-changing surgery to a child with our donations!


I will be offering these adorable "Precious Smiles" kids to you at my Open House May 16, or any time you want to donate $5 or more to Operation Smile. With the donations from my last Open House, we are closing in on our first surgery. What a difference you can make!

Close To My Heart is committed to donating $150,000 to Operation Smile in 2009. This will cover nearly 600 surgeries! With this corporate commitment and our help, hundreds of young children will be able to smile for the first time in their lives.

If you are interested in making a donation, it's as simple as rounding up your next order, or as rewarding as making a more generous donation. Ask me how!




4 comments:

Stampin Lucy said...

WOW, what a sweet thing to do...and I great idea...could I scraplift your idea, to give away a little goodie when they donate??

BEATIFUL!!

Deborah Young said...

Sure thing, Lucy! I used our Fancy Cuts Botanicals and the Dimensional Flowers (middle size). They were really quick to put together using Liquid Glass!

...Darlene said...

Deb,
I figured out a way to post. If I use Explorer then I can get the buttons that allow you to post.

I love the Kids!!
Hope you have a great open house.
Darlene

Dawn said...

Adorable!!!! I have struggled to promote this program well at my workshops/crops. Thank you so much for the inspiration. You made me want to do better!!