Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A luminary for the birds! Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

Are you having 'one of those weeks'?  'Cause I sure am!  Work is so crazy right now.  My left hand doesn't know what my right hand is doing.  Having lost my 15 years of work on computer is really diminishing my productivity this week.  So what's the cure for that?  Stamping, of course!  tee hee


I 'needed' to get ink on this little birdie (from Artful Inkables "A Bird's Song") one more time before I move on to more holiday craftiness.  I decided to try a technique that is new to me - stamping on the front of vellum and coloring on the back.  Now, you know that I broke down and bought some Copic markers a few weeks ago.  Yes, I have purchased more.  And more.  Enough markers that I felt I could do this birdie justice. 


I still have a ton to learn about using these.  Who would have thought you would ever have to 'learn' to use a marker?  Good grief!  I passed coloring 101 with flying colors!  Pun intended.  HA!

I digress.  It's that kind of week.  Anyway, the Copics are super smooth on the vellum, but tended to pool a little bit, maybe 'cause I used too much ink?  Who knows.  I think it's okay, though.  Okay enough to make up into a little luminary with a battery-operated candle in the center.  What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.  If you've read this far, bless you! 

Deb

4 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Deb this is surely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your design and those buttons are such a fantastic touch!!!

Cibele Glazer said...

OMG!! GORGEOUS indeed! Your coloring skills are amazing.

Lisa Kind said...

Gorgeous! Love this technique and love the buttons! You've got to take a Copic course...and practice A LOT!

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- that is gorgeous! I love the colors and everything about it!! Anyone would be lucky to receive that card- those buttons are cute! :)