Sunday, June 28, 2009

We're goin' hoppin'! Starts Wednesday CTMH Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

Woohoooo! So many of my customers are waiting for the July Stamp of the Month from CTMH - "You've Got Flair". It's gor-geee-ous! Can't show you now - nope! But Wednesday morning at 12:01 MT (2:01 EST), we have 44 CTMH consultants participating in this month's blog hop. Good grief!!!! It will take all month to get through it! tee hee. I'll include a link to all the blogs, in case someone's link gets broken perchance.

So today I'll do a little test. You'll be coming to my blog from Karen's blog, and after mine you'll be hopping over to Adeline's. Got it? Good! ;-)
Here's one of the cards that I made for the Verve June Release challenge. Don't you love these papers? I used that MM "Black Tie' paper pack with buttons that match. The white flower was in a bunch that I bought from OTC when I first started scrapbooking. It is not paper ;-(. This was before I knew about CTMH's paper flowers. Oh well. It works, though. The images and sentiment are from "Treasure Life", a wonderful silhouette set. Grey Wool and Bamboo inks and cardstock by CTMH. Cheap ribbon from Michael's.
I am watching "Farrah's Story" right now. How sad, but how brave this woman was! To have someone record all of the pain and, well, every emotion that she went through....I know for a fact I would not be able to do that. Poor Ryan O'Neal is just heartbroken in this movie. Can you just imagine how her son feels? And her father lost his other daughter (her sister) to cancer in 2001, so now he is alone. How terrible. Don't you just wish there was some way that you could take their pain away?
Our Cancer Center (I work for a medical group) treats cancer aggressively; we have been the first center in the country with many technologies, and in fact train physicians from other countries. But I, myself, just could not be involved in that. My job is non-clinical (administrative), and I can deal with that. But not with the illness. I would not be able to treat patients without becoming emotionally involved with each and every one. I commend all of you who are able to give this part of yourselves.
Well. On to happier things. My BABY is coming home today! WOOHOO!!! I am finally going to post a photo of him. Do not tell him; we will not be pleased.
Today it will be a 'baby' photo. Isn't he a living doll??? I just love this photo. Look at that little belly peekin through! tee hee. He is now a handsome young man. I'm so lucky!
I took this photo in Charleston, SC, where he was born. I'm sure that Spanky, our little beagle (remind me to tell you the story some day - he is gone now) was ripping around the yard with his little tail
wagging up a storm.
Those were the days!!!
Sweet dreams,

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card is beautiful, Deb! Love the soft, neutral colors.Your baby was a cutie ... sweet pudgy little fingers. Enjoy your time with him!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful card! Love those colors and how you stamped the leaves around the sentiment!