Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sneak Peek #2 - "Bella" - Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

Here's a card that I made with another new paper packet (available May 1 - tomorrow!) called "Bella". It has a lot of purples and greens in it, although I've covered up a lot of it. I also used CTMH's super cool new Fancy Cuts Borders! You get three full sheets of uber-cool borders for just $3.95! And they layer perfectly over our Dimensional (chipboard) borders if you are so inclined.



I've been working on items for my Open Crop and Open House May 16. May is National Scrapbooking Month! Also, this year marks the 25 year anniversary of Close To My Heart! Check out the "Scrapbook and Share" button in the top right corner of my blog and discover how you can win hundreds of dollars worth of CTMH products!



Our new Summer catalog goes LIVE tomorrow morning! Check out the hottie on the cover - woohoo!!!!! For me, the most exciting new item in this catalog is FELT! Three large sheets of Tulip, Buttercup and Garden Green felt shapes - frames, birdies, dragonflies, buttons, flourishes, arrows, more frames, flowers....all three sheets are different, too! I'll use some soon on a project and post it for you. I will not hoard it - I will use it!! tee hee



Tomorrow is May Day. Did you dance around a May pole when you were little?



Well, when I was in first grade, we had a May Day party at school. Now, those of you who know me may find it hard too believe that I was incredibly shy as a child (I came out of my shell in Junior High). I mean, I was too shy to ask to go to the bathroom. Absurd, huh? Well, it's true. The school had made this tall "May Pole" with super-long strips of pastel crepe paper fastened at the top. Now that I think about it, it was probably the school's flagpole. HA! Anyway, about a dozen of us first-graders were selected to prance around the pole with the streamers. Half went one direction, half the other, resulting in a pole that was 'braided' with crepe paper. It was beautiful!

Of course, I wore my best May Day dress, which was probaby my Easter dress. My mother always dressed my sister and I in matching dresses for Easter. We got new patent-leather shoes, white socks and sometimes hats. Well, for all my memories of the May Pole, my most vivid memory of that day was what happened as my class marched single-file back into the classroom. One particularly spirited young boy (whose name shall remain anonymous - tee hee) took it upon himself to lift the back of my frilly dress, revealing my panties for everyone to see! In hindsight (pun intended - tee hee), I doubt that more than one or two kids saw anything, but I was traumatized for life!

I haven't worn a new Easter dress since....





Deb

1 comment:

Stampin Lucy said...

WOWZERS!!BEATIFUL!! You go girl! You are really getting some stuff done!