Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Snowy Take on Mojo Monday 107 Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

I am covered in blue glitter! But oh, it was worth it!


We don't see much snow here in central Florida.  Zip. Zero.  Zilch.  If the thermometer hits 65, we haul out the coats.  But we can sparkle and glam it up, yes siree! 

I decided to flip this week's Mojo Monday sketch 45 degrees so that I would have a wider field for stamping.  The sentiment, "Sending you hugs on a cold winter's day," is from Artful Inkable's Paper Snowflakes stamp set. 

I purchased one of K&Company's two holiday paper packs on my last trip to the LSS.  Like I needed more paper - good grief!!!  But it was sparkly!  I thought that CTMH's Crystal Blue and Smokey Plum were a nice complement to this particular pattern.  And I know....there's another one of those silly doilies.  Well, I have to use them up!  And I took the time to cut away part of this one to resize it.

Do you like the little brads?  They are CTMH's Crystal Blue regular brads and tiny brads.  The ribbon are from CTMH's Winter Cozy Organdy ribbon rounds.


This photo is a little bit closer view of the snowflake, in an attempt to show the glitter. 


I purchased the glitter at Wally World a couple of years ago (Martha Stewart).  It was a combo pack of six or eight different colors, and this is the first time I've used it.  Such fun! 

So even without the promise of snow, I forsee many glittery evenings in the days ahead!  Oh, the joy of paper crafting!

Sweet dreams,

Deb

5 comments:

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Leslie said...

All glittery, huh? Love the card and the glittery snowflake. I am tempted to purchase one of those glitter clean up clothes. Have you tried one? This is the first year I have considered not getting all the new snowflake stamp sets since we don't get snow here. How many layers are under the snowflake? The card is beautiful.

Crystal said...

Deb this is stunning!!! Your snowflake and the lace is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! What a great design and I LOVE these colors!

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your take on the Mojo Monday sketch. Your card is beau-ti-ful!! Paper, sparkly snowflake, doily, everything!!

About snow, would you like some? It's supposed to snow here this weekend. It's pretty in pictures and on cards. Living with it? Ugh. LOL.

Annette Green said...

Deb, I have finally figured out that only Safari doesn't give me trouble when posting a comment. So finally I can tell you that I absolutely LOVE this card. It's gorgeous!