Welcome to the fifth day of the Spellbinders(TM) Paper Arts BIG Event!
The BIG Event is Spellbinders Paper Arts’ way of introducing some really exciting new products! This season’s BIG Event is from July 13-20, incorporating 16 fabulous Designers, and you could win BIG!
• Win today’s new die templates!
• Be eligible to win the Grand Prize by entering each day from each blog!
• You may enter once from each blog on the designated days!
• Each contest is open for 48 hours to enter the contest!
• You have until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time July 18, 2010 to enter my contest. Be sure to read the Official Rules before entering so that your entry will be valid!
These are the Designers and their contest dates:
• Julie Overby
• Debbie Olson
• Judy Hayes
• Latisha Yoast
• A. J. Otto
• Kimberly Crawford
• Becca Feeken
• Linda Duke
• Sherry Cheever
• Deb Young -that would be me!!!
• Gina Hanson
• Ashley Cannon Newell
• Mona Pendleton
• Heidi Blankenship
• Kerilee Sereika
• Kazan Clark
Daily contest winners are randomly chosen from valid entries, as stated in the Official Rules. The winners will receive an email within 24 hours of the contest’s closing. The winners will have 72 hours to reply to that email to claim prize. If a winner fails to respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn.
Entrants that send valid contest entry emails to each of the contests will be automatically considered for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize has a retail value of over $700, and includes Spellbinders CHA Summer 2010 release die templates, Spellbinders CHA Summer 2010 release punch templates and a Presto Punch™ machine!
Thank you, Spellbinders Paper Arts, for sponsoring this contest!
I’m thrilled to share S4-288 Classic Diamonds Nestabilities(R) with you!
Yes, those are S4-288 Classic Diamonds Nestabilities cut and folded into petals on the lid! Here's how I used S4-288 Classic Diamonds Nestabilities to make the flower:
Cut ten diamond frames from double-sided paper by nesting S4-288 Classic Diamond #4 and #5 (with #1 being the smallest size in the set) to make the frame.
Score each diamond frame about 1/4 inch from the center. I've indicated my score lines with arrows.
Fold on the score lines as shown below. Now you can see why I decided to use double-sided paper :-).
Pull the two short ends together so that the long sides form a double loop - this is where a picture is worth a thousand words!
Pinch those short sides together and adhere the 'pinched' end with adhesive.
Here's how my ten petals looked before I adhered them to each other.
Now here's where I had to really get creative! First I tried adhering the bases (those short sides) directly together, but I discovered that the petals were too full; I needed something to 'shim' those pinched bases. After a few trials and errors and a couple of Aleve (tee hee), I spied a makeup sponge on my desk. I snipped nine small pieces of sponge and glued one between each petal's pinched end. This photo shows how it looked before I glued the final one sponge/petal. And it worked!
Using S4-249 Big Scalloped Circles LG Nestabilities #7, cut a large scalloped circle to cover the top of the lid. Adhere your pretty petal next. Make a scalloped circle sandwich using S4-269 Big Scalloped Circles LG #2 and #3. Stamp the element with a pretty image and use it to cover the open center of the petal.
Use coordinating paper to cover your box. Cut/emboss a label with S4-288 Classic Diamonds Nestabilities #3 and #4, stamp with a sentiment, and adhere. I used a Copic marker to color the pearls to match the paper.
You could use more than ten petals or less, depending upon the size of the die template. Try it and let me know how yours turns out!
- Spellbinders products: S4-288 Classic Diamonds Nestabilities, S4-249 Big Scalloped Circles LG Nestabilities, Wizard Die Cutting Machine
- Paper: Kaisercraft Rosa, Nadia and Sofia; CTMH Blush Cardstock
- Stamps: Waltzingmouse 'Seasons of Love Tags'
- Inks: Copic R37 Marker (Carmine); CTMH Vineyard Berry and Blush Ink
- Other: Beacon Zip Dry Glue; Scrapbook Adhesives EZ Runner; CTMH Bonding Memories Glue; White Pearls; Papier Mache Box
Visit my blog again Monday and I'll show you step-by-step directions to make this beauty......and I'm giving away some blog candy along with it!
This is the Spellbinders product I introduced:
SKU/Product Name: S4-288 Classic Diamonds
1: 1x1 3/8”
2: 1 1/2 x 1 7/8”
3: 2 x 2 3/8”
4: 2 1/2 x 3”
5: 3 x 3 5/8”
6: 3 1/2 x 4 ¼”
7: 4 x 4 7/8”
For the official Spellbinders Paper Arts BIG Event rules, click here.
TO ENTER MY CONTEST: (Contest is open for entries from July 17 to July 18)
1) Send your email entry to Reveal10@Spellbinders.us (either click the link or type the address into your email program).
2) The subject must be Classic Diamonds.
I love your comments! Unfortunately your comment does not count towards a contest entry, so be sure to enter and then leave a comment!
If you have any questions, please e-mail ContestQuestions@Spellbinders.us.
Thank you for visiting my blog and good luck!!