Friday, June 4, 2010

As I promised...............................Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida


Happy Friday again, y'all!  I promised I would share my sister's birthday card, so here you go.  This really was a pretty quick card to make once I made the rose.  Don't you love it?

I'll have to search for the link for you - there's a YouTube video - paper roses (not Marie Osmond - good grief!) that outlines the steps.  This first attempt I thought I would have to scrap, but I really think it's gorgeous!  You can click on either of the images to get a closer look.

The paper is from a K&Company paper pad that I've had for a couple of years, I think.  I really loved this sheet with the big green flowers, tiny blue leaves and brownish background.  So I fussy cut a piece and popped it up on foam tape on a solid green mat, which in turn was matted with more of the pink. 

The paper that I used for the rose is actually a piece from CTMH's "Bella" paper pack. No ink involved!

Can you believe that I used neither Nestabilities(TM) nor ribbon?  Will wonders never cease.

Speaking of Nestabilities....I've added a new feature to my blog that should be extremely helpful for all of your Spellbinders Die Template collectors.  Click on the Wizard (die cutting machine) in the right-hand column and you'll be rewarded with an inventory list of all current Spellbinders die templates!  Print it out, fill it out and make it a little easier to keep track of those Spellbinders products.  Now if only the rest of our lives could be so organized!

So what do you think?  Do you find this list helpful to you?  Do you want me to find the link to the rose tutorial?

Toodles.....

6 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

UUUM YES! It's so pretty Deb!! Love this card!

Crystal said...

OOO this is sooooo very pretty!! I LOVE this dp and that gorgeous rose!!!

Kathi Carlson said...

What a beautiful card, Deb. LOVE the rose. Need to try one one of these days. So many ideas, so little time ....

Hope your week is wonderful!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! Love your homegrown rose :)

debbiek said...

Very pretty card, Deb. LOVE the rose and would love to learn how to make one. Thanks for the inspiration:)

Nancy Jensen said...

Gorgeous rose! Did you ever find the you-tube instructions? I'd love to learn how to make them!