Sunday, December 6, 2009

AI Sunday with chocolate and a little bear Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

I have been an absent blogger this week!  I am in good company....I know a lot of us are focusing on other things right now.

Today's my posting day as a member of the Artful Inkables Design Team.  Don't you love your Artful Inkables stamps?  I know that I do! 


Here's a little sumpin' sumpin' I cooked up with one of the new sets, "License To Chill". 

The first photo is the inside of a little Ghirardelli candy holder.  Of course, other goodies will fit inside as well, but look how perfectly three little candies tuck in there so neatly!

The papers are all from Close To My Heart.  The patterned paper is one of six patterns from the "Jingle" paper pack. 

I also used my brand new EK Success Diamond Scalloped Slim Line Punch.  I ended up buying it online, 'cause I couldn't find it locally.  It was worth the wait, as far as I am concerned!


One of these days I will be happy with my coloring abilities and you will know all about it!  In the meantime.....here's the outside of the little treat box....

I wish I could be this little guy, sliding with glee down a big ol' hill!  I have only done so once in my entire life.  My family moved to Florida when I was 3 yo.  Needless to say, there was so snow in my life for a loooong time. 

When I was married, we lived in southern Maryland for a couple of years.  We lived at the top of a verrrry steep hill.  People were afraid to drive up to the house.  Seriously.  So Alan was about four years old.  You don't need to know how old I was - tee hee!  One day we had a heavy snowstorm.  We were ready with a red plastic sled purchased just with this day in mind.

Of course Alan went first.  Little did I know that he would go SOOO fast that he flew all the way to the bottom of the hill, across the road and halfway up the neighbor's driveway across the street!!!  WHEEE!  Exciting indeed, but just a big dangerous, right?  Well, I had to try it myself....what a thrill!  Boy, did I miss a lot growing up here in the Sunshine State!  The cold air taking your breath away, the snow flying back up onto your face, the sound of your own voice screaming....what complete joy! 

Till you had to trudge back up the hill.  Too bad we didn't have a ski lift back up to the house - ha!  I suppose a lot of you are experiencing this fun with your kids this very day.  Scream a little louder and take one more ride for use Florida girls!!!

Smiles,

Deb

3 comments:

Joy said...

cute cute!

Kathi Carlson said...

Very cute! Love that little bear!

I haven't been on a sled for a long time, and yea, while it's fun, walking back up the hill is a real pain. At my age, it would probably be impossible. LOL.

'Tis the season to be busy! It's nice to see you surface once in a while though! Miss you when you're not around!!

Enjoy Sunday!!

Lisa Kind said...

What a great post! Love your treat box, Deb! And I live in the great city of Buffalo, NY where we get some snow! LOL!!! You have described our winters perfectly! I love the 4 seasons and would miss them terribly! I really like winter and fall (hate spring with all the mud!). I'll have a sled ride for you this winter for certain! But I'll find a place with a lift to take me back to the top! ;-)