Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Paper Roses for Mother's Day Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida



Hey y'all!  Can you believe I have my Mother's Day card ready this early?  A record, for sure!

My primary inspiration for this card was the paper rose you see above.  Jeanette made it sound so easy- which it was! - but mine will never be as beautiful as hers!

This card has a lot going on, so I didn't use patterned paper and kept the colors simple. You can see that there are three key elements - the roses, the sentiment panel and the cameo tag.  You usually can't go wrong if you feature three elements rather than two or four.

There is a tiny big of patterned paper - "Lush" from Pink Paislee".  I cut leaf shapes from a small piece and scored veins in the leaves.  The sentiment mat and the tag are cut and embossed with my awesome Nestabilities(TM) die templates - as well as a tiny mat behind the cameo!  I stenciled the Fancy Tag die template with Blush ink and dabbed a bit on top of the smaller rose.  The Blush cardstock is scored and sanded to show the white core.  Simple but a nice backdrop to anchor all the craziness!  And no ribbon - can you believe that?

I hope you will be able to spend Mother's Day with your dear mother, as I will.  I hope that my son will be able to come home from college - I've never had a Mother's Day without my baby!

Thanks for stopping by, friends!

5 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful card Deb, your Mom will love it! Enjoy your Mother's day!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love those paper roses, Deb!

Kathi Carlson said...

I second Sharli's comment! Gorgeous, Deb! I love your roses and will have to try them Jeanette's way! I'm hoping to both see my mother AND have my sons and grandsons around for Mother's Day. I hope your son makes it home, too. Enjoy your day, sweet friend!

Nancy Ball said...

Great card, Deb. I'm glad you had it so easy with the roses....my first attempt was pathetic! I guess I should follow the directions a little closer!

Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! Love those lil' rosettes! Miss ya :)