Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Monochromatic Challenge - Think Ink Tuesday! Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida



It's time for a challenge from Artful Inkables!  This week's challenge is to create a monochromatic card.  How cool is that!

I don't know about you, but I am finding that participating in challenges is  really making me break through my comfort zone to try things that would not have otherwise entered my thick skull - tee hee!





For my card, I used Colonial White as my color, punched up with Cocoa.  It won't surprise you to hear that I used "A Bird's Song" to stamp the nest and sentiment!


I've been dying to use my Labels Seven Nestabilities dies -it really looks like a little book!  I sandwiched some 'pages' die-cut from an old book and bound them al together with a bit of waxy flax.  The cute little flourishes are cut from Spellbinders' Doodle Parts, and flower is made with six circles cut using Scalloped Circles Nesties.

The Cocoa paper is the backside of a couple of papers from CTMH's Veranda collection.  The rest of the paper is Colonial White cardstock, with the exception of the 'background', which is textured Colonial White cardstock.  I used my stipple brush to 'knock down' the brightness of the paper with Cocoa Ink.  You can click on the image to view it up close. 

So why don't you stretch your creative boundaries and join us in our challenge?

* You are not required to use AI stamps, but if you have them, we'd love to see you use them! **IF YOU USE AI STAMPS, YOU GET 2 ENTRIES FOR YOUR CREATION! JUST ENTER YOUR NAME/LINK TWICE ON MR. LINKY!!!

* You have until Monday, January 18, 2010, midnight Pacific Standard Time to link your creation to this post. A winner will be chosen Tuesday, January 5, 2010 to win a GRAB BAG of AI STAMPS!

* When posting your link, please post the link directly to your creation- so if it's on your blog, please link it directly to the specific post with your creation.

* If uploading to SCS or PCP, please add the keyword AIC11


Good luck!


Deb

1 comment:

Crystal said...

You aced this challenge....BEAUTIFUL!!!