Sunday, August 30, 2009

Steampunk Sarah Covered Notepad Scrapbooking in Melbourne, Florida

Happy Sunday!

Well, I tried my hand at coloring again, but I'm no expert. That being said, it's still a lot of fun. Coloring this cute Steampunk Sarah image from Artful Inkables took me back to the days of coloring books and paper dolls. I used to loooove to play with my paper dolls. As a matter of fact, I was tempted to make paper doll clothes for Steampunk Sarah! How silly is that ;-) I wonder if they still make paper dolls. Does anyone know?

I needed a small gift for my upcoming open house. I had purchased several of these small notepads (5" tall) but needed more for the Open House. So I took them to Office Depot and had them cut in half vertically. Now how cute that pile of tiny note pads is! How is it we are enamored with miniature things. Ha.


I used papers from "Tickled Pink", CTMH's special kit from the spring. I have been hoarding it. This inside view shows how I made a little pocket to hold tickets, receipts, etc.

Now, how do you like Sarah's cute outfit? She is one stylin' girl! I used a gel pen on her buttons (boots and gloves). See the tiny sparkle earrings? Real diamonds, for sure. HA!

I have another card I've made from this super cool stamp set . My "official" AI INKgirl posting day is Sunday, so you can look forward to AI creations each weekend. I got a sneak peek of the new September releases.....and let me tell you, my mind is spinning with ideas!!!!

I will save you from my random ramblings as I am too pooped to last much longer. A nice soft bed is calling my name!


Sweet dreams,


Deb

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute "little" girl. You did a great job with coloring. I used to love paper dolls too.
Let me give you some advice - DO NOT TRY Copic markers. They are unbelievable. I love that our markers match our paper and our ink, but they, being water based, cannot compare to alcohol markers.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is super cute, Deb! Fabulous job! :)

Joy said...

i love it!

Julie Ranae said...

(imagine a bit of a gruff voice here)

SOOOOOOOO cute!

Lisa Kind said...

I love these mini notebooks! I agree with your comment about beinig enamored with mini things! LOL! Your Steampunk Sarah is adorable! Keep on coloring, girl!

Crystal said...

OH my this is super cute, LOVE the idea with the notepad!!

Sherry Campbell said...

That notebook is really cute.

Kathi Carlson said...

So where was I yesterday? How cute is this? Great giveaway. Can this one-time paper doll lover come, too? I think our precious cutout, and later, punch-out paper dolls have been replaced by fancier versions that are magnetic. I spend hours and hours playing with paper dolls. Couldn't wait to get my hands on old catalogs either. I cut them up into whole families with furniture, etc. Man, that was fun. Maybe it's why we still love to play with paper...

Kristin said...

Whoa...this is too cute! Love the split flower idea and I LOVE the colors you used on Sarah! She looks so spiffy! Great job!